"He was reprimanded on several occasions for threatening to hurt or kill other service members, and for arguing pro-ISIS views while at work and on-post", according to the affidavit.
An FBI agent named Jimmy Chen's affidavit filed with a federal court in Honolulu says Kang's superiors became concerned that he had been radicalized and called in the FBI. According to the FBI, Kang allegedly attempted to provide military documents, and training, to ISIS.
US Army Soldier In Hawaii Accused Of Trying To Help ISIS
Kang reportedly swore a pledge to ISIS, and expressed a desire to help ISIS fight people committing genocide.
The charges against the US soldier accused of pledging his loyalty to ISIS, stunned his family.
We can't afford to take our eye off this threat for one second, no matter how convinced we are that we've gained the upper hand. It's unclear at this time what tipped authorities to Kang or why he was arrested now. After Kang converted to Islam, he would teach his father the Quran, Clifford said. The Takfiri group also has its followers and supporters in the West including the United States. Officials then contacted the FBI in August 2016, which prompted the investigation that led to his arrest on Saturday.
Sergeant Kang had been stationed at the Army's Schofield Barracks on the island of Oahu, 17 miles from the state capital of Honolulu. "I know he has a tough job in air traffic control", Kang said.
Note that a criminal complaint is only a charge and not evidence of guilt.
He enlisted in the Army after the 9/11 attacks.
He said Kang recently converted to Islam. He served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. He says he told his son "maybe he had PTSD".
Concerns had previously been raised about Kang's possible radicalisation. He got everything going for him.
- Londres : le célèbre marché de Camden ravagé par un incendie
- Air France - KLM, bon mois de juin
- OM - Mercato : les supporters ignorent l'avertissement de Ménès pour leur 9
- Donald Trump Jr, un rouage clé de la machine Trump
- Le chef de l'État Islamique serait mort, selon l'OSDH
- Star Wars Battlefront II date sa bêta ouverte
- 17 Réacteurs nucléaires susceptibles de fermer — France
- G20 Hambourg / Sommet sous haute tension
- The Voice : Jenifer s'adresse à ses fans dans un émouvant message
- Djokovic en quarts à Wimbledon