The minimally invasive surgery at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix was a success and went "very well", the Mayo Clinic said.
"We should not be making fundamental changes in a vital safety net programme that's been on the books for 50 years - the Medicaid programme - without having a single hearing to evaluate what the consequences are going to be", she added.
Majority Leader Mitch McConnell released a statement Saturday night saying, "While John is recovering, the Senate will continue our work on legislative items and nominations, and will defer consideration of the Better Care Act".
"There's nothing in there that would cause a dramatic difference in the estimated number of people expected to lose health insurance coverage", says Katherine Hempstead, a senior adviser who works on health insurance and health policy issues at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. "Let's again make the commitment that in America, health care is a right for all, not a privilege for the wealthy", Biden wrote in the op-ed.
Doctors now are waiting for the results of a tissue pathology analysis to determine more information about the blood clot, McCain's office said, adding they will release more details as information becomes available.
In a final cautionary note to GOP lawmakers, Biden wrote in his op-ed that if Republicans pass their version of the bill, they will take away "peace of mind" from Americans currently covered under Obamacare.
Republicans changed the measure last week, allowing insurers to offer bare-bones policies, keeping some Obamacare taxes on the wealthy and putting $45 billion into the fight against heroin addiction. The lower House of Representatives passed legislation to do so in May.
Several other Republicans have expressed concern about the bill including Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, Dean Heller of Nevada, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Rob Portman of Ohio. "It is a bad political strategy and it will not fix the problem".
"I have never known a man more tenacious and resilient than John McCain".
Mr McCain is a three-time survivor of melanoma. His Mayo Clinic doctors report that the surgery went 'very well' and he is in good spirits.
It was unclear how long the delay will be.
- 7 millions de participants au référendum — Venezuela
- Séoul propose à Pyongyang une reprise du dialogue — Péninsule coréenne
- Trump's Lawyer Defends Donald Trump Jr.'s Controversial Meeting
- Bardet déplore les huées contre Froome — Tour de France
- Les médecins retrouvent 27 lentilles agglomérées dans l'œil d'une patiente
- Frédérique Vidal: la procédure d'admission post-bac, un "énorme gâchis"
- Amende de 246 millions de dollars pour BNP Paribas
- Bordeaux : un œil sur Stambouli
- Vidéo. Blade Runner 2049 dévoile une nouvelle bande-annonce époustouflante
- 34 personnes portées disparues après le naufrage d'un navire militaire — Cameroun